Note: These archived support documents are for legacy MegaPath Hosted Voice and MegaPath One services purchased before June 14, 2019.
How Administrators Set Up Push to Talk
The Push to Talk feature allows Users to call each other and have the call answered automatically (depending on the Auto Answer setting), either as a one-way call, or a two-way call, providing a point-to-point intercom functionality between two phones in the same group.
Push to Talk is configured at the User level either by an Administrator or an End-User.
Note: A User can configure Push to Talk by logging in to the Voice Manager, and selecting Settings > Advanced Configuration (Voice Administration). Push to Talk is located on a User's Calling Features page under Call Control.
To get started:
- Log in to the Customer Portal
- Select Voice under Services
- Select Manage Now
- Select the user from the Users dropdown
- On the Calling Features page, locate Push to Talk under Call Control
How to Configure
- Select Auto Answer; select from "On/Off"
- Click Edit to display the Push to Talk page
- For Outgoing Connection Type select One-way or Two-way
- For Access List, select from:
- Allow calls from only the users selected below
- Allow calls from everyone except the users selected below
- From Available Users you can search to display all available users
- Select from the Available Users list and move them to the Selected Users list using Add/Add All buttons
- Click Save
How to Use Push to Talk
To originate a Push to Talk call on your telephone, dial * followed by the two-digit feature access code assigned for this service. You can activate this service by dialing star (*) and the assigned two-digit code, followed by the number you wish to call.
Users can view the Feature Access Code (FAC) list by selecting the Utilities tab. The codes are to the left of Push to Talk and are preceded by an *, which must be dialed first.
Administrators can view the Feature Access Codes on the Group Services tab.