Note: These archived support documents are for legacy MegaPath Hosted Voice and MegaPath One services purchased before June 14, 2019.
Administrator Guide for Auto Attendant
An Auto Attendant is an automated attendant or receptionist that answers the main company phone number, and provides a personalized greeting and menu options to callers. Callers may have the option to connect to the operator, dial by name or extension, or connect to configurable extensions depending on the Auto Attendant configuration and your business needs.
Note: Only an Administrator with my.megapath.com administrative permissions will be able to access the Auto Attendant configuration.
There are two options for modifying your Auto Attendant: first from the Dashboard (high level configuration), and second from the Group Services tab (detailed configuration).
Follow these steps to modify an Auto Attendant:
- Log in to the Customer Portal
- Select Voice under Services
- Click Manage Now
- In the Group dropdown, select the Group (grp_) that you wish to modify
- On the Dashboard, click the Auto Attendant you wish to modify
- Click Settings
- Modify settings as you wish
- Click Save
Modify Business Hours and/or After Hours as desired. For each, you can configure the following from the Dashboard:
- Upload custom greeting (audio file)
- Enable/Disable First Level Extension Dialing
- Configure menu options (Keys & Descriptions)
Make changes as needed and click Save. To update the After Hours menu, click the After Hours tab. If the configuration you need to modify is not on the Settings page, click Detailed Services link at the bottom of the page, or click the Group Services tab.