How to Set Up Directed Call Pickup with Barge-In
This service allows the user to barge in on a call to or from another user in the same group, by entering the feature access code followed by the extension of the user whose call is to be barged-in on. Barge-in is successful only when the second user has only that one call. When a user barges in on an answered call, the call becomes a three-way call and the user who barged in becomes the controller of the three-way call. The company administrator configures a tone that warns users on a call that another user is barging in on their call. By default, users are prevented from having their calls barged-in on.
To Enable Barge-In
- Log into the Voice Manager Mobility Tool using your MegaPath telephone number and password (see your Administrator if you do not have these credentials).
- Click Settings and then click Advanced Configuration. A new tab will open in your default Internet browser.
- Under the left menu options, click Call Control.
- Click on Barge-In Exempt
- By default, this will be turned ON which means that users cannot barge-in. To allow for barging in, turn OFF.
- The user you are barging in on will hear a beep, indicating that another user just barged into the active call. The caller will NOT hear a beep. To turn OFF the beep, under Call Control click Directed Call Pickup with Barge-In and change Warning Tone to OFF.
How to Barge-In
- Lift telephone handset or press the speaker or headset button.
- Press the assigned code *33.
- Enter the extension where the call is either ringing or ongoing. You are now able to answer or join the call of the specified extension.