How to Use Microsoft Teams
Posted on February 28, 2023 by Fusion Connect
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration platform developed to provide a centralized hub for communication, collaboration, and file sharing to make it easier for teams to work together and stay organized. Microsoft Teams is designed to improve collaboration and productivity, making it an essential tool for modern teams in a variety of industries.
How to Use Microsoft Teams – The Basics
- Step 1 - Create a Microsoft account. (If you already have a Microsoft account, you can simply sign-in to Teams using your existing credentials)
- Step 2 - Once signed in, you will see the Teams dashboard. This is where you can access all of your teams, channels, and conversations. To create a new team, click on the "Teams" tab in the left-hand menu and then select "Create Team" from the options that appear.
- Step 3 - Once you have created a team, you can start adding members by clicking on the "Add Members" button in the top-right corner of the screen. You can also create channels within your team, which are essentially sub-groups that allow you to organize your conversations and discussions.
- Step 4 - To start a meeting, simply click on the "Meetings" tab in the left-hand menu and then select "New meeting." You can invite members of your team to join the meeting, as well as any external guests.
- Step 5 - During a meeting, you can share your screen with other participants, and share files to collaborate on documents in real-time using the built-in integration with Microsoft Office. Teams also allows you to record meetings, which can be useful for keeping a record of discussions and decisions.
How to Record a Meeting in Microsoft Teams
One useful feature of Microsoft Teams is the ability to record meetings, which can be helpful for sharing with team members who were unable to attend the meeting or for keeping a record of the meeting for future reference.
To record a meeting in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Start a meeting in Microsoft Teams.
- Click the "More Options" button (represented by three dots) in the bottom-right corner of the meeting window.
- Select "Start Recording" from the menu that appears.
- Once you have started the recording, you can stop it at any time by clicking the "More Options" button again and selecting "Stop Recording." The recording will be automatically saved to the "Meetings" section of your Microsoft Teams account, where you can access it and share it with other members of your team.
It is important to note that only the meeting organizer has the ability to start and stop the recording, so if you are not the organizer of the meeting, you will need to ask them to start the recording. Additionally, some organizations may have policies in place regarding the recording of meetings, so be sure to check with your company's IT department before recording a meeting.
How to Use Microsoft Teams Dial-In Meeting Number
One useful feature of Microsoft Teams is the ability to dial-in to meetings using a telephone. This is useful for users who are unable to join a meeting using a computer or other device.
To dial-in to a Microsoft Teams meeting, you will need the following:
- A phone that is capable of making calls.
- The phone number and conference ID for the meeting you want to join.
To find the phone number and conference ID for a Microsoft Teams meeting, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams on your computer.
- Click on the calendar icon in the navigation bar to open your calendar.
- Find the meeting you want to join and click on it to view the meeting details.
- In the meeting details, you will see the dial-in information, including the phone number and conference ID.
Once you have the phone number and conference ID for the meeting, you can dial-in to the meeting using the following steps:
- Pick up your phone and dial the phone number provided in the meeting details.
- When prompted, enter the conference ID followed by the pound (#) sign.
- You will be connected to the meeting and can participate in the discussion.
The phone number and conference ID for a Microsoft Teams meeting may be different for each meeting. Be sure to check the meeting details before dialing-in to make sure you have the correct information.
How to Use Microsoft Teams Breakout Rooms
Breakout rooms allow users to split into smaller groups for focused discussions.
Here is a guide on how to use breakout rooms in Microsoft Teams:
- Start a meeting in Teams and click on the "Breakout Rooms" button in the top toolbar.
- In the breakout room window that opens, you can choose how many rooms you want to create and click "Create Rooms."
- You will be given the option to assign participants to rooms manually or automatically. If you choose to do it manually, you can select the participants and assign them to a room by clicking on the "Assign" button next to their name.
- Once the rooms are created and participants are assigned, each participant will receive a notification with a link to their assigned breakout room.
- Participants can use the breakout rooms to have focused discussions and share files and other resources with each other.
- As the organizer, you can switch between rooms to monitor the discussions and provide assistance if needed. You can also broadcast a message to all rooms at once or end the breakout rooms and bring everyone back to the main meeting.
Using breakout rooms in Microsoft Teams can be a great way to facilitate discussions and collaboration within your team. By splitting into smaller groups, participants can have more focused conversations and share ideas more easily. Give it a try and see how it can improve your team's productivity.
Where to Source More Guides on How to Use Microsoft Teams
There are many guides and tutorials available online that can help you learn more about how to use Microsoft Teams. One place to find these guides is the Microsoft Teams support page on the Microsoft website. This page contains a wealth of information and resources, including tutorials, videos, and FAQs, that can help you learn more about using Teams.
Another place to find guides on using Microsoft Teams is on YouTube. There are many channels and videos that provide tutorials and tips on using Teams, and you can often find step-by-step guides that can help you learn more about the various features of the tool.
The many available resources online can help you learn more about how to use Microsoft Teams. By taking advantage of these resources, you can quickly become proficient with the tool and start using it effectively with your team.
Microsoft Teams Calling Services
Make calls to mobile devices and landlines through Microsoft Teams with Operator Connect.
Is Your Internet Speed Performing As Promised?
Measure your internet speed and get insight on jitter and latency.